Wednesday, February 9, 2011

STRESS--I want to run SO BAD!

Throughout my weight loss I've come to grips with the fact that I'm an emotional eater. In fact, that's how I gained the majority of the weight. Any time life got tough I turned to food for comfort. If I was sad, I ate. If I was angry, I ate. If I was stressed, I ate.

Over the course of the last 18 months I've transitioned from controlling my stress through eating, to controlling my stress through running.

As you read in my last post, I had 2 really good runs on Saturday and Sunday. Monday & Tuesday I knew with my family's schedule that it was going to be impossible to get a run in. We've had wind-chill warnings in our area so running outside has been out of the question. I have been looking forward to today because I was anticipating a good, long run.

Yesterday afternoon after I got my 3-year-old down for a nap, I threw in a load of laundry and came upstairs to put our lunch dishes in the dishwasher. Just as I was starting the dishwasher I heard what sounded like a large amount of water hitting a wall, followed by running water.

OH CRAP.

Initially I thought a pipe had burst, but as I ran into the utility room I discovered our water heater went kaput. AWESOME. water was shooting out of the top of it EVERYWHERE. I shut off the water valve and started cleaning up the mess. Thank goodness I was home when it happened.

BTW--this is the second water heater that's done this to us in 7 years. Thank God for that warranty!

Long story short--I have no hot water for a shower, or anything for that matter. I'm hoping that the hubs and my father-in-law can get it taken care of this evening early enough that I can still get a solid long-run in and enjoy a hot shower afterward.

I NEED THAT RUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment